Experience the authentic sugar maker life.
Amongst the maples and sap lines, dine on everything Canadian maple✨
📅 2024 Dates:
🕥 Reservation Times:
Lunch + Tour ~ 2.5hrs
Details coming soon!
Min 2 people per booking, Max of 6 people
For groups larger than 6, keep scrolling!
View our Campout Lunch Policy
Suitable for guests 12 years old & up
- Wagon ride to and from the Sugar Bush
- Private campfire with extra firewood and blankets to keep warm
- Mini-Charcuterie box served with crackers, Maple Cheddar slices and a pickle.
- Your choice of Entree (below), paired with a fresh buttermilk biscuit.
- Hot Maple Tea and Maple Hot Cocoa
- Our popular Maple Apple Crisp or Maple Whiskey Bread Pudding
- Full Admission to your guided Sugar Bush Trek, following your lunch (includes a guided walking tour, taffy on snow and more!)
Choose Your Entree
Maple Beef & Chocolate Stew
A hearty beef stew loaded with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms featuring drug and hormone free local Ontario beef, our dark maple syrup, Vineland Estates Cab Franc and Hummingbird Maple Chocolate.
Maple Turkey & Bacon Chili (GF)
A warm and smoky chili featuring turkey from Shady Grove Turkey Farm (available at Lake Land Meats), smoked bacon and our dark maple syrup.
Maple Baked Beans (GF,V)
Our secret-recipe maple baked beans have been a White Meadows Farms staple for decades.
* Gluten-free options available.
Maple Baked Beans and Maple Chili are Gluten Free.
The crackers included with the mini-charcuterie are gluten free.
A gluten free bun is available upon request.
What to Expect
- Your lunch starts with a tractor pulled wagon ride to the edge of the sugar bush, there you will be greeted by your Tour Guide. Stop at the Sugar Maple for a quick presentation about our favourite tree in the forest.
- Your guide will leave you at the Campout Crossing where you’ll be shown to your campsite complete with campfire, cozy blankets and your warm lunch waiting for you…
- To start your experience, enjoy a mini-charcuterie featuring a selection of our gourmet Maple products, Black River Maple Cheddar, crisp crackers, and a pickle.
- Next, cozy up with a warm bowl of your choice of Beef and Chocolate Stew, Turkey and Bacon Chili, or Maple Baked Beans, each paired with a fresh buttermilk biscuit from our friends at De la Terre Bakery, the perfect companion to dunk into your chili, stew or beans.
- Finish your meal with the dessert of the day, Maple Apple Crisp or Maple Whisky Bread Pudding.
- Your lunch wouldn’t be complete without a toasty beverage to enjoy by the campfire; enjoy Maple Tea and Maple Hot Chocolate, or both! Your campsite will be outfitted with a fresh pot of hot water and everything you need to make the perfect cup of Maple.
- When you’ve had your fill of maple goodies, rejoin your Tour Guide at the Campout Crossing for a fun and informative stroll through our working Sugar Bush on The Sugar Bush Trek and finish the day with a sticky and satisfying maple taffy-on-snow
Coming as a Group of 7 or more?
Each camp site seats up to 6 people. If you plan to create more than one booking in one time slot to accommodate more than 6 people (ie. one family of 4 would like to book a Campout Lunch with another family of 4 at the same time), be aware that camp sites are spaced apart along the trails in our sugar bush. Once your group arrives to the sugar bush, you’ll be brought to your individual camp site but will rejoin for the Sugar Bush Trek following your lunch.
There is one large camp site available for two seatings each day. This site can host a maximum of 12 people and must be booked over the phone.
Book this site at 10:20am or 12:20pm
Need to Know
- Full admission to The Sugar Bush Trek is included, following your lunch.
- Minimum 2 people required per booking, maximum of 6 people per booking. See above for groups larger than 6 people.
- Tickets must be purchased online at least 1 day in advance. NO SAME-DAY BOOKINGS FOR THE CAMPOUT LUNCH.
- Your ticket time is your wagon departure time. Plan ahead to arrive early and check in, use the washrooms and/or meet others BEFORE the wagon departs
- Arrive on time (early is best!), we will not delay the wagon departure for late arrivals
Sugar Bush Tips!
- The Campout Lunch runs rain/snow or shine! High winds and/or extreme weather may cause us to cancel, you will be contacted if this occurs
- Dress warm and give yourself a minimum of 2.5 hours to enjoy your lunch and the tour to follow
- Portable washrooms are available for you in the Sugar Bush
- Pets and smoking are not permitted in the Sugar Bush
- For complete farm rules and tour policies, click here
Gift a Campout Lunch
Looking to spoil someone with a day out in the Sugar Bush?