WELCOME TO THE SUGAR BUSH TREK!
📅 2023 Dates:
Saturdays & Sundays March 4 – April 16
March Break March 13 – 17
10:00am – 3:00pm
1.5 – 2 hours
Adult (12+) $18+HST
Child (3-11) $13+HST
Child (2 & under) FREE
2519 Effingham St., Pelham
⭐ MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE ⭐
WHAT TO EXPECT
Guided Walking Tour
Hop aboard our “Sugar Shuttle” and meander about 10 minutes on our tractor-pulled wagon through meadow and farmland. Disembark at the entrance to our forest and follow your expert guide on an interactive, 45 minute walking tour to learn all about…
- The Sugar Maple Tree
- The Native Camp
- The Pioneer Camp
- The Flat Pan Station
- and more!
💭 Be sure to ask your guide any maple-related questions that come to mind!
Maple Taffy on Snow
Possibly the best part of the entire tour✨
Taffy on snow is a Canadian rite of passage. Line up as we heat our maple syrup in a cast iron pot over an open flame. Breathe in the deep, rich aroma of Pure Maple Syrup, steaming from the pot as it transforms into warm, oozy taffy.
Licking the finished, soft, amber candy off its stick is arguably the best part of your visit to the farm.
After your guided tour and maple taffy treat, spend as much time as you like exploring the rest of the forest!
- Cross-Cut Saw and Branded Log Coin (the essential souvenir!)
- Tap a Tree
- Sap Line Maze
- Sap Collection Station
- Measure your wingspan (a classic photo op 📸)
- and more!
The Sugar Shack
Be sure to stop into our Sugar Shack at some point during your visit. If the weather is right, you can watch as our sugar-makers boiling sap into maple syrup — it’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Need to Know 🤔
- Tickets must be purchased online IN ADVANCE. There is no guarantee for walk-in availability.
- Arrive on time (early is best!), we will not delay the tour start time for late arrivals
- Your ticket time is your wagon departure time. Plan ahead to arrive early and check in, use the washrooms and/or meet others BEFORE the wagon departs
- Tours run rain/snow or shine! High winds and/or extreme weather may cause us to cancel, you will be contacted if this occurs
- Dress warm and give yourself a minimum of 1½ hours to enjoy the tour and explore the trails
- Portable washrooms are available for you on the Sugar Bush Trek
- Our trails are stroller-friendly! Sport models or styles with larger wheels are recommended
- Pets and smoking are not permitted in the Sugar Bush
- For complete farm rules and tour policies, click here
🍴Want to dine among the maple trees before you start your tour?
Join us for the
“Sugar Bush Campout Lunch”
Gift a Sugar Bush Tour
Looking to spoil someone with an afternoon in the Sugar Bush?